It seems like we are always being apprised of Google’s Algorithm updates. This one is focused clearly on how mobile friendly your site is. This is not necessarily a bad thing; user experience is among the highest priorities you can have established for your site.
50% of searches are now coming from mobile devices.
That’s right 50% of searches are now coming from mobile browsers! Now more than ever Responsive Design Sites are the answer!
In doing some research, we decided to include a portion of an article from: http://www.business2community.com/mobile-apps/7-stats-show-mobile-marketing-new-leader-0999034
2015 Mobile Search Stats:
- Mobile is now the leader According to predictions by Google; mobile searches (at 85.9 billion) will soon surpass desktop searches (84 billion) in 2015. Search ad spending grew, and desktop search ads only experienced small growth, supporting this prediction. By 2015, it is predicted that there will be 2 billion smart phone users globally. As of right now, 57% of the United States owns a smart phone. These numbers all add up to show ups that mobile and mobile devices are here to stay.
- Mobile is local Currently, 40% of mobile searches are local, and 77% of them take place while the user is at home or at work. Mobile-on-the-go is crucial to everyone, and users are utilizing mobile in local areas, for local businesses.
- Mobile has fast conversions 81% of conversions from mobile search happen within five hours of the search. Searches are important because they lead to other actions like calls, visits to a business, and ultimately. Sales. Conversion is dependent upon you, the business owner, which means that you need to be available via mobile to snag those customers, and provide them with accessibility and great customer service/products.
- Mobile presents new opportunities to connect What are the top five tasks that users need their smart phone for? Making phone calls at 83%, checking email at 74%, searches at 67%, taking pictures at 62%, and accessing social media at 57%. You can use each one of these tasks to help your marketing strategy. Tasks like email, social media, pictures of your products and services, and more, will all help you further your business.
- Mobile peak times are growing Knowing when users are active is really smart. Most mobile searches take place during the time frame of 8pm to midnight, and mobile searches double during the holidays. Little facts like these can really help you base your advertising and marketing strategies around user habits, to make the most of your advertising dollars.
- Mobile usage growth applies to everyone Mobile isn’t just for kids and teenagers anymore. As of right now; the 55-64 age group is the fastest growing demographic on Twitter, and for Facebook and Google+, the fastest growing demographic is 45-54. So what does that mean? You should find a way to tie your marketing strategy into those demographics, and adjust your social media and email presence to those groups.
- Mobile apps are preferred 85% of Mobile users are more comfortable with apps than mobile websites. IOS apps currently generate four times the revenue than Android apps do. When it comes to social media, Facebook is downloaded the most, followed by Google+, and Google Search. Using these statistics to help design your mobile strategy is really smart. When used in conjunction with the demographic information, you can customize your advertising and other strategies to bring in the most business.
*Statistics provided by http://business2community.com
If you would like to know more about your sites performance or have any other questions contact us today!